get a job
Portland’s creative, marketing and media community works better when we work together. If you’re on the hunt for a job, this is the place. If you are looking for some good candidates. We got it! PAF Members get to post their jobs here, and well, anyone in the industry can apply! Just take a look.
+ SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER - JUTE CREATIVE
Develop genuine client relationships and help our clients shine by anticipating short and long-term needs and providing outstanding service
Facilitate the success of your creative team by being a knowledgeable, responsive contact point and assuming ownership of project details
Manage multiple client projects, from first contact to pitch, estimate, development, launch and beyond while executing the day-to-day details like meetings, agendas, and deadlines to ensure on-time, on-budget delivery of assets
Hold the big picture vision for the project, working to foresee project risks and opportunities and provide proactive recommendations
+ CREATIVE DIRECTOR - VACASA
Vacasa is looking for a strategic Creative Director to guide our brand and messaging at every touchpoint of our industry-leading customer experience.
You’ll directly lead a team of graphic designers and writers, and collaborate closely with internal teams (primarily marketing, PR, digital, and Product Design/UX).
You’ll be responsible for developing concepts and translating them into effective visual designs and messaging to drive conversion, consumer engagement, and brand awareness—while ensuring a consistent brand identity (both look/feel and voice/message) across all content and campaigns.
+ POST/PRODUCTION COORDINATOR - BLUE CHALK
We're hiring a Post/Production Coordinator who will be based in our Portland, OR, office. This person will coordinate all details and elements concerning post-production and help with production planning.
+ SEO/PPC SPECIALIST - FORT WEST
We’re a small back alley studio, located in the heart of downtown Lake Oswego – innovative, agile and galvanized. Most importantly, we’re growing – and, that’s where you come in.
We’re seeking an experienced SEO/PPC Specialist to help support our growing digital strategy team. The ideal candidate knows search engines inside and out.
If creating, managing, analyzing and reporting on SEO, PPC and other digital campaigns within a fast-changing and highly dynamic environment gives you energy, let’s talk. You might be the energy we’re looking for!
This is a contract to hire and/or a full-time, in-house position. On any given day, our playbook stretches across brand strategy, advertising campaigns, web and digital design, social media, product launches, audio/video content, and more.
+ ACCOUNT SUPERVISOR - RED & CO
The Account Management team at Red & Co. is the engine that leads the agency and client teams through the flawless execution of ideas. As the Account Supervisor, you have a bias toward action, a passion for creativity, can motivate teams, and have the ambition of knowing your client’s business better than they do. You excel at elevating yourself for senior client strategic presentations while simultaneously jumping into the details in order to move a project successfully forward.
+ FINANCE/HR/ADMIN - WATSON CREATIVE
WATSON CREATIVE is looking for a passionate, organized, and inspiring leader to oversee our studio operations from a finance and basic HR perspective. Can you keep your cool under fire? Can you quickly identify a person’s strengths and weaknesses? Are you on talking terms with Quickbooks? Let’s talk!
FINANCE: You will be responsible for AR/AP in Quickbooks and managing our forecasts. You must be skilled in google sheets (or Excel, but we prefer Google). You will also be diving into our Project Management system to track various metrics of employee, team and project performance – these metrics are already set up and easily maintained. You will be working in collaboration with our outside Accounting Firm on a monthly basis along with the CEO and Ops Director. This firm will manage taxes, insurances and act as an interim CFO. This takes approximately 10hrs per week.
HR: We have an HR Consultant that will be working in collaboration with you. They will oversee core HR best practices, contracts, legal and quarterly studio-wide education. We need you to facilitate basic HR functions, like the paperwork of hiring new talent, benefits, milestones and managing all files. You will also manage the SOW and paperwork process for subcontracts. This is about 10 hrs per month.
RECRUITING: We are looking for someone with agency experience that understands the functional needs and the importance of culture. We have a considerable in-bound career interest in our firm. We are looking for you to stay up to speed with that talent, and at the same time, understand the work coming in so we can hopefully reduce the time to hire on new talent. We do have a recruiting firm that we currently work with, but we’d like to augment that by having this position have a strong understanding of the in-bound talent. We will want you to have informal initial meetings with candidates before they’re moved onto the studio for interviews. This is about 5 hours per week.
ADMINISTRATIVE: The rest of your workload will be assisting the Director of Ops and the CEO. This will include basic studio management, preparing for events, delivering packages and other ad hoc activities.
FULL TIME – We are looking for a full-time, longterm employee.
+ NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT LEAD - SPLASH WORLDWIDE
Reporting to the Client Services Director, the role of Business Development Lead is an important position within the business, focused on growth across key categories and specialties. The Business Development Lead must be a strategic thinker, have a clear vision of what client success looks like, and be a true results-driven salesperson at heart.
This role will primarily be focused on identifying and securing new accounts. As such, 80% of this role will be focused on securing relationships with new brands, while 20% will be dedicated to growing and servicing current key accounts in North America. This role will have a very clear understanding of Splash’s services globally in order to effectively articulate any service offering to key prospects. This individual will have the support of the broader global growth team at Splash. As Splash continues a journey of business transformation from a global production agency to a creative technology company, this position is at the very heart of the agency’s development.
+ PR ASSOCIATE - A.WORDSMITH
At A.wordsmith our Associates support the ongoing execution of strategic PR campaigns that include – but are not limited to – media relations, speaking and award programs and social media management. Associates are also responsible for the creation of strategic written business materials including blogs, web copy and case studies. Ability to work with complex subject matter is a plus. Associates work as support personnel under account managers. They are also given the opportunity to manage appropriate accounts and projects. We are less concerned with titles and more interested in work ethic. Everyone on our team has a voice that we want to hear when it comes to new ideas, recommendations and cross-collaboration. We look for people with initiative, commitment and a passion to both learn and do. Our client industries are varied so team members are expected to work on both consumer and business-to-business accounts. The Associate position is full time.
+ COPYWRITER - GARD COMMUNICATIONS
We’re looking for a writer to add to our team. The ideal candidate will have experience working on mid-length and longer copy – case studies, op-eds, brochures and web content. Secondary experience with short ad formats such as outdoor and print ads, radio and TV scripts, and digital are a plus, but not required. The duration of experience is less important than the quality of experience. The writer should be able to develop concepts and take them to a finished state. Creativity that flows from strategy and disciplined work habits are key attributes.
+ SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER - BANFIELD PET HOSPITAL
The Sr Manager, Employer Branding, Recruitment Marketing & Acquisition leader will help position Banfield as an employer of choice, a critical point to driving applicant flow and attracting experienced veterinary professionals to the business through the delivery of Social Recruitment Marketing, Digital Media and Employer Branding. This position will evaluate internal and external data helping to understand Banfield's value proposition for prospective and current associates. The Sr. Manager will work closely with Marketing, Corporate Affairs other departments and key stakeholders to gather competitive insights in order to lead the creation of recruitment briefs which inform multi-channel creative and media campaigns and strategies. This position will lead a team in support of recruiting talent.
+ ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (SALES) - THE WILD
We’re seeking an experienced Account Executive (Sales) as part of our expanding sales team, to evangelize The Wild, and help us build a portfolio of $7,000-$100,000 ACV accounts.
- Be the foremost expert on The Wild, communicate clearly and show leads how The Wild will improve the way their teams work together.
- Own hitting your revenue sales targets, be driven to exceed them.
- Be able to qualify and disqualify prospects.
- Be aware of current industry news, trends, and competitive landscape.
- Provide product demos for sales leads and customers via video chat, AR, VR, and in-person.
- Refine sales playbook for optimization and effectiveness.
- Own the customer relationship from prospecting, running the sale, retention, and growth.
- Foster high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with the product team to identify customer pain points and improve the quality of our roadmap.
- Work with Marketing to develop and execute lead programs.
- Attend and support trade shows and events as needed.
+ TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER - POLLINATE AGENCY
We’re seeking a Project Manager for full-time or contract-to-hire at our headquarters in downtown Portland, Oregon. We love Project Managers as they create strong relationships with clients, lead internal client teams while ensuring we release a great product that excites consumers. Core Responsibilities:
- Manage and own the lifecycle of client initiatives that include, but are not limited to: 3D asset creation, data configuration, UX/UI design, development, client ecommerce integration, client factory integration, QA and client feedback.
- Create and maintain project schedules to inform internal resources, clients, and 3rd party vendor partners.
- Communicate directly with agency clients in order to understand their operational and business goals to better service their needs.
- Manage and prioritize tasks across multiple pieces of business and/or client teams.
- Be accountable to ensure internal teams and vendors are briefed and prepared with all available details on each initiative.
- Develop and update weekly status meeting documents, ensuring all teams are aware and up to date on the status of each client initiative.
- Lead or co-participate in weekly status calls with client teams.
- Ensure projects stay on budget and foster an environment of efficiency.
- Manage internal resourcing of assigned projects.
- Develop scopes of work and cost estimates for clients or prospective clients.
- Ensure all project resources are collaborating and receiving needed assets (content, imagery, client feedback, etc.) to successfully deploy or launch client initiatives.
- Prepare and conduct Monthly Business Reviews with Technical Project Management Team Lead.
- Instill confidence and prove leadership capabilities to the project team based on the goals of Pollinate.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years of technical project management experience working directly with clients, ideally in an agency or software company setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or PMP certification a plus.
- Must be able to handle multiple, diverse tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Show a results-driven attention to detail.
- Reliable, friendly, positive, and personable.
- Must exhibit strong leadership abilities, and exercise good judgment.
Exhibit a strong team-player mentality and tackle new and ever-changing challenges with aptitude.
+ QA ENGINEER - POLLINATE AGENCY
As a QA Engineer, you’ll be expected to validate completion of a variety of user stories relating to:
- Ecommerce integrations
- .NET/SQL architecture
- WebGL renderings
- Basic user interface usability
- Cross-browser compatibility
- Author fully-developed test plans (manual) for projects of any size
- Write automated test scripts for projects of any size
- Test APIs
- Test web-based platforms (HTML, CSS, DOM, WebGL)
- Report bugs with accurate level of details, steps to replicate, device/browser detail, related links and screenshots
- JIRA task management
- Understand the difference between various browsers
- Be up to speedon the latest mobile & desktop systems, their operating systems & hardware
- Execute API tests using Ruby and Python scripts calling endpoints using REST
- Configure automation server (Jenkins) to run automated tests under defined conditions
Desired Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate for this position has:
- 2+ years of related experience, ideally in an agency or software company setting
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrate familiarity with QA test plan authoring tools such (e.g., Quality Center, qTest, Zephyr), as well as API testing tools (e.g., Postman and soapUI)
- Demonstrate Pollinate’s core values of curiosity and adaptability
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Prioritize work across multiple projects
- Show an understanding of “the big picture” by measuring the impact of discovered issues on end users/clients
- Clearly prioritize and communicate findings to team
- Consistently repeat tests as necessary to confidently validate results
- Proactively investigate updates to browsers, devices, operating systems in an effort to ensure support requirements
+ MEDIA PLANNER - POLLINATE AGENCY
As a Media Planner, you’ll help research, plan and build campaigns for both regional and global consumer brands (No B2B). Broadcast, print, digital, paid search, out of home, social and radio are considered for every media mix plan.
Our Media Planners do the following:
- Management of the media buying and planning process including, but not limited to, listening to client needs, creating RFPs, negotiating, presenting a plan and refining as necessary.
- Providing rationalized media points of view, recommendations and optimization suggestions to improve campaign performance.
- Create and manage full media campaigns agnostic of mediums, channels or publishers.
- Work with internal and external partners and clients to define KPIs, tracking methodologies and depth of reporting.
- Strong ability to work with cross-functional teams: client services, creative department, analytics group, etc.
- Make real-time optimization recommendations and actions.
Desired Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position would have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing or Advertising preferred.
- 3-5 years media planning and buying experience, with digital emphasis.
- Experience with media buying tools, specifically: comScore, MRI, DCM, Simmons, etc.
- Proficient with: Google Analytics, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Great people skills and love to research, be curious and be adaptable to changing environments.
- Strong ability to multi-task and enjoy working with multiple clients.
- Be people first oriented and not afraid to pick up the phone to sort something out.
- Be organized, autonomous and fun to work with.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present.
- Resourceful, proactive and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Interest, enthusiasm and eagerness to establish a career in media and/or analytics.
+ FREELANCE GRAPHIC DESIGNER - FISH MARKETING
We’re looking for a collaborative, versatile mid-level part-time freelance graphic designer to join our growing agency. Do you have a strong graphic style, yet enjoy pulling up your sleeves to jump in on production work when necessary? Are you comfortable sharing your ideas and work with others, integrating feedback and working together towards the best possible work, even if that includes making the logo cerulean because the client loves it even though that was the color of the shirt you threw up on in 2nd grade? If so, then this might be the job for you.
+ PAID MEDIA SPECIALIST - ANVIL MEDIA
Anvil is a boutique integrated marketing agency in Portland, Oregon and we are seeking an addition to our team of digital marketing ninjas. Think you want to join us? Read on and get in touch if you fit the bill.
The Paid Media Specialist role at Anvil are experts in their areas of digital advertising (PPC, Display, Mobile, Behavioral). The Paid Media Specialist is always seeking to elevate the client’s business by making data driven recommendations and strives to continuously improve Anvil’s services with their knowledge and ideas. This role regularly discusses the latest and greatest tactics, tools and strategies with the Anvil team in order to keep them on the cutting edge. And the team comes to the Paid Media Specialist for their expertise and to collaborate on client accounts.
Demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Minimum 2+ years of experience managing AdWords campaigns
- Current Google AdWords Certification
- Demonstrated ability to effectively develop and execute detailed, efficient, effective and innovative digital marketing campaigns
- Ability to distill data and metrics into actionable insights that support clear recommendations
- Understands and can articulate to clients what constitutes a good landing page, and provide examples the client can use to design their own
- Immaculate attention to detail
- Must possess strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills. Must also possess exceptional writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to seamlessly juggle many projects, always meeting deadlines, and exceeding client and team expectations. And yes, we’ll want to hear some examples.
- Must be proficient with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Google Tag Manager, Marketing Automation Systems or other technical skills a plus
- No relocation allocated for this position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field
- Minimum 2+ years of experience digital marketing; agency experience a plus
We offer competitive compensation packages including healthcare benefits, matching 401k savings plan, professional development budget and more. Let’s not forget the regular happy hours, field trips and advertising agency league activities like bowling and softball. The Paid Media Specialist will report directly to the Account Director.
How to Apply
To be considered, please reply with cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No calls please.
+ ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - CMD
One of the original and now largest agencies born in the Pacific Northwest, CMD has 40 years of continually wowing our clients and delivering the brand impact they need. We are 150 storytellers representing a wide spectrum of disciplines, but united by one vision: Create. Great. Together. Each day, we put our values into action, while expertly adapting to changing landscapes and priorities. We value equity and diversity because we know it makes us more creative, more innovative, and better problem solvers.
About the role:
- Deeply understand and be the internal expert at the highest level on the clients’ business, industry, and competition
- Create exceptional professional client relationships by building trust and confidence as an agency partner; act as the liaison between the client and agency teams
- Manage existing client partnerships and grow account, driving a minimum of $2M+ in revenue annually
- Partner closely with internal CMD disciplines to create and execute innovative, data-driven marketing plan recommendations and deliverables, driving each milestone to completion and measuring results against targets throughout the process
- Proactively solve problems at all levels, utilizing various leadership and negotiation skills, offering solutions and achieving account goals and KPIs
- Champion accountability within the CMD team to measure success based on achievement of client goals and KPIs against planned targets
- Own the fiscal responsibility of all account planning, forecasting and budgeting: accurately manage SOWs, POs, change orders, and billing in partnership with CMD’s project management team (and client)
- Prepare and present results and insights tied to objectives during and at the end of programs or campaigns, leverage learnings into future planning
- Partner with internal teams to ensure all agency work is of the highest quality and meets or exceeds clients’ expectations
- Encourage nimble, iterative approach in meeting client’s needs – drive flexibility and creative thinking to solve client’s problems in real time
- Develop, mentor and direct account services staff and guide others outside of immediate influence
- Provide a road map for account success, uncover opportunity areas for operational and process improvements, report on progress, and set actions plans for account growth